Monday, September 8, 2008

The Sybarite

Who is?

i am.

i wont apologize for what i am, what i love.

i don't covet, that is, other people's

i long for what they do not have.

Its a life i have seen that comes with a PRICE.

You don't get the things i want for free.

i wont go out of my way, still i must have them.


The Sybarite I, also loves in this way.

i do not covet Other's, i covet what they do not have.

i must have mine.

this is why this Story is here.

Once upon a time, The Sybarite coveted what was Another's

Due to demand, i gatsta continu

Ok! My First thought wasn't, Oh! someone must own this one o!

it was more CAN I own THIS ONE!!!!

The Sybarite is hardly phazed by what guys have to offer, but this one didnt

even offer a thing and she was phazed.

The Sybarite knows how to read a guy, but this one couldn't be read.

The Sybarite knows it rude to stare, but she couldn't help it.

The Sybarite dosnt give older guys a second glance, but she was mighty glad

this one gave her a glance.

The Sybarite is usually calm and composed, exuding an air of control and surety, but this one unnerved the skin outta her.

The Sybarite is asking herself questions! QUESTIONS!!

Sienne! my colleague called, i was forming busy on my PC, but i had been stealing glances and trying to answer my self-composed Q's. I looked up slowly after the tenth call. He was still there, but Kendra, my partner was whispering to me. She was asking me if i needed some material for the project i was to work on, i thought she was asking me about HIM. Yes, i answered caught between the Reality and Mylity. Kendra went back to her system, and i to mine "why didnt she just IM me" i thought. Nansense gal!

i Buzzed her, she turned to look at me and i gave her OUR LOOK. Who is HE? i asked typing into the yahoo chat box. she sent a ROTFL smiley. i followed with a Puzzled smiley. Fine! she sent, He is a boss from the next block. Indeed, i replied. She gave me the 411 on HIM. By now, HE had left our office, but my heart was still racing. He had never entered our office, Kendra told me, she would know better, haven worked there longer than i had. "ok, ok" i tried to think. He cant be that gen gen jo!! i consoled myself. i will survive. i managed to turn to the project i had been on before the welcome intrusion. Before i knew what was happening, it was time to go home. i had to wait for a few to catch a ride with Angela who was going to The Galleria, i would just walk home. Walk i did, with HIM on my mind. Even when Ike called, i couldnt make out his usual ramblings, at least before i dey try, but today, he could have been speaking icelandic, i wouldnt have given it a thought.


As i lay on my Chocolate covered bed, "Sybarite oooo!! wetin dey do you" i thought. He is not gen gen jooooo!!! i consoled myself for the Millionth time. With that i fell asleep, and NO, i didn't Dream about HIM. My Dreams are reserved for DAYtime, atleast thats what happened that night.

Sybarite, You Don Hook.

9 comments:

badderchic said...

And what happened after she had coveted what was anothers?

Sienne said...

lol.

Chill na.

lemme compsoe myself

kay-shawn said...

I covet something you have. I believe you would have them abundantly, chat-up lines.

Please come and share some on my blog, http://www.datingoops.com and you could win $20:00.

Sienne said...

Chat-up lines??

em, oh well i will visit ur blog

Anonymous said...

lol... is this a continuation of the lover, the wise and the sybarite?

and where'v u been anyway?

Sienne said...

na work o
God help us!

flygirlbidiish said...

gen gen!!!!
some older guys do ave'em lol!!
hope work is cool sha....hope u no dey dere dey dream for work sha!?!

Rayo said...

oh boy, chic, i hope this clicks oh, all these drooling nd rule-breaking.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

ah, a new Naija blogge in our midst! Welcome to blogville, Sybarite abi na sybarita?

Abeg, I dey go sleep, go come look ur side anoda time.


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE